Time for a new Wake & Rise Workout! This is your extra dose of cardio.
Just press play, and perform the following exercises until the the song is over! Don't stop!
Perform this when you feel like you need to WAKE UP- whether it be in the morning, to get you in the mood for a "full" workout, or when your get home from work and are tempted to plop down on the couch. Sometimes what you really need is a few minutes of getting your heart rate up, and then you'll feel pleasantly energized! Ready? Let's go!
Scroll down for further explanation of the moves, and some important tips.
Please be sure to keep your stomach engaged (your abs pulled in) throughout the entire workout. Focus on performing the movements at your own pace- start slow & steady (very important!) and gradually increase your intensity. Allow a 1 second pause between transitioning from one movement to the next.
1. Butt Kicks: Hold your arms up high above your head (this increases your heart rate). Alternate your knees bending back to kick you butt! Add a hop to it, so your running in place/kicking your butt.
2. Wide Plie Squats: Feet should be apart nice & wide. Turn out your toes. Sink into a squat. Keep your pelvis tucked under, and make sure you knees do not go over your toes. Squeeze your glutes as you lift back up.
3. Plank Walk out: Stand straight, feet together. Inhale the arms up above your head. Exhale, bend forward to touch your toes (Bend knees if you have too!). Inhale, walk your hands out to hold a strong plank for a few seconds. Exhale, walk your hands back in to meet your toes. Slowly, roll up through your spine to inhale the arms back up over your head, and repeat.
4. Step Reach (My fav!): Step side to side (Alternating shifting the weight from left to right) extending/reaching the opposite arm over to the side in which you are leaning.
5. Step Butt Kick: Similar to the above movement. Step side to side, alternating shifting your weight, and alternating kicking your butt. So, step side to the right, left leg kicks right cheek! Arms come infront of you & cross, and then pull back like your squeezing a lemon in between your shoulder blades!
Aslo, how do you like the song?! That's my amazingly talented big brother Jay, and he has lots of other great tunes that I love working out to. "We'll Always Have Midnight" is one of my favorites.
Find him on Spotify or iTunes: Della Valle