Here is a beginner friendly, FUN CARDIO KICKBOXING
10 minute workout!
SHOW UP IN GRATITUDE, SMILE, and HAVE FUN!
Here is fun workout plan for you to try the next time you hit the gym! I love the format because it's a little but of everything and makes the workout fly by fast! I also included "at home" version at the end of this post. You will need free weights (I use 5lbs, 8lbs, and sometimes 10lbs).
This workout incoporates a mix of cardio, HITT, strength training, and stretching. You can follow my exact plan, or make it your own. It will take approximately 45+ minutes. Here's the break down:
1. Warm Up (5 Minutes)
2. HITT - High Intensity Interval Training (5 Minutes)
3. Strength Training Circuits (20 Minutes)
4. Final Cardio (10 Minutes)
5. Stretch (5 Minutes)
Below is the exact workout I did the first time, but I've been doing many variations of it since depending on how I feel. Feel free to make it your own. Example: I warmed up on the elliptical, but you can choose the treadmill, bike, stairs, or whatever else gets you pumped up! Same with the final round of cardio- I love the stairs, but they are very intense! Attempt the stairs, or spend the last 10 minutes on the treadmill walking fast, jogging, or slowly walking up a high incline. In the video below I explain the workout, demonstrate the moves in the Strength Training Circuit, and also give you some other tips.
Here is the plan! You can screen shot this image OR drag & drop the PDF to print it out.
In the video I mentioned using a tabata timer for the HITT circuit. Here is the link to that app: http://www.tabatatimer.com.
If you want to try the version of this workout at home, you still need free weights, but you don't need to own the cardio machines! Just swap out the 5 minute warm up and 10 minute final cardio with the moves below.
Warm Up: 1 minute of each move
1. Jog in place
2. Pretend Jump Rope
3. Step Reach
4. Jumping Jacks
5. High Knees OR March in place
Final Cardio: Repeat warm up two times.
It's the best time of the year- the Holidays are here! Although there is so much to enjoy, it can also be a bit stressful, and in turn, more challenging to make time to exercise and keep up good eating habits.
When you choose to make time to exercise, you are strengthening and toning so much more then just your physical body. You are proving to yourself that you are capable of overcoming resistance and immediate gratification. You are reinforcing your will power, discipline, and determination. Your brain also releases feel good chemicals that fight stress and make you feel good! This creates a ripple effect- when you feel good you make better decisions.
NOTE: This isn’t about exercising as an excuse to eat more. If anything, it’s the exact opposite. It’s about exercising to cultivate a positive attitude and esteem, to strengthen your discipline, to remind yourself of your capabilities and amazingness! I’m emphasizing self love, care, and nurturing of your body so you make feel good decisions, and you don't stuff yourself, over-do it at the dessert table, or eat unnecessarily more.
Below I listed 10 workout videos on youtube that I have done at home recently and really enjoyed! Pick one that appeals to you and try one this week!
Also, I like to create my own workouts depending on how I feel and how hard I want to make my workout (I write down 10 different moves of my choosing and do each one for 1 minute, and then repeat the circuit 2-3 times). Then, I put on The Real Housewives of NJ (on Thanksgiving I made up my workout and watched the Parade!) and/or blast music. I like working out this way at times because it doesn't require paying attention to a class or video, and I can catch up on some of my guilty pleasure TV shows.
Note to pregnant Mama’s: Do not workout unless you have been cleared by your Doctor. Do not workout unless you are aware of the Do’s and Don’ts and know which moves to modify. If you have questions, e-mail me! I can provide you with a list of the Do's and Don'ts and other things to know. Be sure to always listen to your body!
1. 10 Minute Feel Good Workout : No equipment needed! Great for all levels.
2. 30 Minute Selena Gomez Workout : This one is tough! Plan on taking lots of breaks, but getting a great burn. Low impact/no jumping and no equipment needed.
3. A Flat Belly and Tight Booty Workout (20 Minutes) : I LOVED this workout! Lots of fun moves, low impact, no jumping or equipment.
4. 10 Minute Arm Workout : You will need a set of light or moderate weights! Excellent workout to do on it's own or add to another 10 minute workout.
5. 25 Minute Cardio Dance : Very fun cardio dance workout! You have to have some coordination and pay attention, but it makes the workout go by fast.
6. 10 Minute Beginner/Low Impact Workout : Excellent for beginnings, as a warm up, or as a gentle workout for anyone (including pregnant Mama's!)
7. 40 Minute Barre Workout : TOUGH! Be prepared to cry (your legs and butt will be on fire!) and take lots of breaks when needed. The arm workout in the beginning is excellent, you will need light (2 or 3lbs) weights.
8. 10 Minute Prenatal Pilates: Excellent for my Pregnant Mama's but you definitely don't need to be Pregnant to benefit from these 10 minute pilate workouts. There are 5 different 10 minute workouts in total. They are gentle, but still very effective!
9. Try creating your own 10-20 minute workout! Pick 10 moves. Perform each move for either 45-60 seconds with a 10-15 second break in between. Repeat circuit 2 or 3 times.
10. 30 Minute High Intensity low Impact Workout : Excellent workout! Low impact/no jumping- but you will get your heart rate up very high! If you have a resistance band there is a section where you can use it, but light weights work too.
Let me know what workouts you try this week, and what you think of them.
Come join the facebook group ----> Jolie's Fitness Posse!